Converse shoes asked me to design a shoe for their new (Product) Red line. I was only more than happy to do so. I'm no designer, but what the hell. I took some 4H sewing classes when I was 12, but I can't make a straight line to save my life. So I got out the glue and went with when I know, food. I headed down the street and bought some "Barbès" shopping bags, a sac of oranges and some grains from Togo. In the process, I found a market that sells fresh tamarind and Kraft cheese wheez. I used all of this plastic and 2 tubes of super glue to design my Chuck Taylor. You can't see the plastic Togo bag, as I used it on the back of the shoe. And no, I didn't try the grains. I couldn't figure out what they were and the bag didn't have cooking instructions.

If they choose to market my design a percentage of sales will go to a charity in my name. That's cool, a bit lunching ladyish, but very cool nonetheless.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online